Orrin Woodward on LIFE & Leadership

Inc Magazine Top 20 Leader shares his personal, professional, and financial secrets.

Guinness World Record Holder for largest book signing ever, Orrin Woodward is a NY Times bestselling author of And Justice For All along with RESOLVED & coauthor of LeaderShift and Launching a Leadership Revolution. His books have sold over one million copies in the financial, leadership and liberty fields. RESOLVED: 13 Resolutions For LIFE made the Top 100 All-Time Best Leadership Books and the 13 Resolutions are the framework for the top selling Mental Fitness Challenge personal development program.

Orrin made the Top 20 Inc. Magazine Leadership list & has co-founded two multi-million dollar leadership companies. Currently, he serves as the Chairman of the Board of the LIFE. He has a B.S. degree from GMI-EMI (now Kettering University) in manufacturing systems engineering. He holds four U.S. patents, and won an exclusive National Technical Benchmarking Award.

• 7 Day Free Access to Leadership Audios!

• NY Times Bestselling Book

• Email Subscription

Claude Hamilton: Toughen Up

Posted by Orrin Woodward on June 29, 2013

I have attached my foreword to Claude Hamilton’s first book Toughen Up. I am so pumped for everyone to read and experience what a tough life, lived with honor, can accomplish. The book will be released in another month so look for it on the LIFE Leadership site. God Bless, Orrin Woodward

Claude Hamilton

Claude Hamilton

Claude Hamilton’s life ought to be written about in every North American newspaper and magazine. Not because of his amazing results in life, although they are mighty impressive, but more because of the nearly insurmountable struggles he had to overcome in order to achieve this success. Nothing has come easy for Claude and Lana Hamilton. Indeed, that is why I love the title of his new book Toughen Up, since that is exactly what the Hamilton’s did to win in the game of life.

Since age 12, when he joined the Royal Navy Sea Cadets, Claude has reached the top pinnacles of leadership in every field he has entered. The reason for his consistent success is described in detail in the book the reader is holding in his hands. The Eight Strengths will guide, challenge, and inspire anyone seeking the principles for longterm success. Moreover, the chapters are so engaging, that I finished the book still wanting more. How Claude taught so many lessons in so few words is beyond me.

The teaching, however, this is just the tip of the iceberg in this book. Claude’s personal stories anchor each of the Eight Strengths, helping the reader view the principles in action. If success is measured by how far a person climbs from where he started, then Claude Hamilton is one of the most successful people I have ever met. With so many around him making poor choices and living lives of quiet desperation, Claude’s set himself apart through the consistent application of his Eight Strengths.

On a personal note, I consider it an honor to have a front row seat in Claude’s life for the last seven years. During this time, I have watched him apply each of these principles in his life and business, choosing principles over short-term profits whenever the conflicted. His friendship, encouragement, and attitude have been a huge blessing to me. In the many hours of life and leadership discussions with Claude, I had heard many of his stories and all the core principles before. Nonetheless, reading them in this book while visualizing the joys, pains, and fears Claude must have felt in the moment moved me.

Accordingly, I warn you in advance that Toughen Up is a roller coaster ride of emotions as the reader empathizes with the Claude’s dreams, struggles and eventual victory. It’s a book that readers will turn back to again and again for information and inspiration on the success journey. Thank You Claude Hamilton for having the physical, mental, and spiritual toughness to “finish what you started.” Because Claude finished, others will be inspired to begin.

Chairman of the Board LIFE Leadership
Two-Time NY Times Bestselling Author of
Launching a Leadership Revolution and LeaderShift

42 Responses to “Claude Hamilton: Toughen Up”

1. Norna O'Brien said

I can’t wait to read it. Claude and Lana are amazing as are all of the PC members in this Team. I wish I had been introduced to this many years ago but it is never too late to acquire good information and make your life better.

2. This is really exciting for a couple of reasons: it’ll not only be a riveting story, it’ll be a tremendously well written one. Claude’s life alone would make an inspiring read, but in the hands of this literary master craftsman, it’s sure to be a bestseller, certain to be a classic. Claude can stir the soul with a postcard, so imagine what he could do with a couple hundred pages!

3. Lance Seaman said

Really excited for Claude’s book !!

4. Aage Smies said

I’m very excited for the release of Claude’s book! I can’t think of any other new author, friend and leader that makes every moment a teachable moment and I’m sure his book will act as a reference guide to many of us. Thanks Orrin for another awesome post to start the day off with.

5. Jessica said

Looking forward to reading this book!

6. Scott Staley said

I have admired – and been inspired by Claude and Lana ever since I first met them. The book will be a treasure that I can’t wait to get my hands on!

7. Edie Yeaton said

WOW!! What a huge tribute to our friend Claude!! I cannot wait to have and read this book. It might be just what I need to really get started – after nearly four years. 🙂

8. Jason Dames said

Can’t wait to read this book!!

9. Jen Blomdahl said

Awesome! Can’t wait for it to be available.

10. John Lewis said

Thanks Orrin. I’m so excited for this book! I have the pleasure of knowing Claude and feel so blessed to benefit from his insight, wisdom, and leadership. Claude has joined the elite ranks of the company of men & women who live their lives by their priorities with strength and integrity.

John Lewis

11. Jill Heller said

I am very much looking forward to reading the book and hoping it gives me more drive and a bit of companionship while going through my journey and struggles towards success!

12. Florio Mazares said

I have watched Claude grow from a distance— It is amazing to see how much a person can change and become the person he needs to become. Thank you Claude for putting your story in one book— I can’t wait to be impacted!!!

13. Bill Eder said

Thanks for this one Orrin. I sure it will be a great read. Claude and Lana are a great example for many to follow. This will be another book by our P C’s that we can witness the valued principles we can give to millions. Thanks again and God bless.

14. Phil Wall said

A much needed book in today’s society.

• Dave Bailey said

My thoughts exactly, Dr. Phil! I can hardly wait to read it and promote this to everyone on the Team!

15. Richard Kroll Jr. said

Orrin… I’m looking forward to Claude’s new book, “Toughen Up”…for the CONTENT for sure! But also to hear more of Claude’s STORY!! He’s an incredible leader and teacher. I APPRECIATE his contribution to the LIFE Policy Council and his EXAMPLE!

16. Kevin Hamm said

I have greatly appreciated all that Claude has done. He and Lana are some of our favorite teachers and the culture in their teams demonstrate the leaders that they are. I am looking so forward to this book.

17. Steve Meixner said

Wow still another book I can’t wait to read. I have read several books lately from US Navy SEALS. I can’t wait to read Claude’s as I’m sure it’s going to be just as exciting. Anyone who can go through that kind of Training is a winner! Cluade is a true Champion and I can’t wait to get some good Nuggets from his book!! Steve

18. David Smale said

I ve been involve in one of Claude s organizations for about 4 years. I can’t believe how down to earth and just a real friend he is. Consisdering where he has got to from where he started. I can’t wait to read his book. I’m sure it will be amazing. Thx Orrin and Claude

19. Carla Snair said

I can’t wait! I can’t wait!!

20. Christine Fleury said

Wow sounds fantastic! What little I know of their story is already incredibly inspiring so I really look forward to hearing more!

21. I’m excited about this book!

22. Ben Zeier said

Orrin, I too am excited to hear more of the thinking behind Claude’s struggles to victories! God Bless, Ben

23. J & P Harteis said

You are such an amazing edifier, Orrin, and in knowing you, we know you are truly sincere! You & Laurie have a gift to always lift others up, which gives us all a huge incentive to live up to your expectations. Claude & Lana are powerful leaders, & it is obvious that they have learned to do the same with those following in their footpaths! Can’t wait to read the book!

24. shirley said

Wow… I have waited a very long time for the Claude man, to write his own story, well and that of Lana’s too. What an Amazing Couple!! Team and Life have been very Blessed indeed, because of such an Amazing couple, I have heard both Claude and Lana, speak, and loved every minute of these two people, tell of the struggles, and victories, in LIFE!! I am having a Yard Sale in 2 weeks, and would love a copy for every-one in my neighborhood. Is that possible? Way to go Claude. God Bless.

25. Clint Fix said

Toughen Up! sounds like an awesome book! I’m excited to read it.

26. Keith Sieracki said

Looking forward to the book. Few people can deliver truth in a way that you don’t ever get mad the words because you know Claude is trying to help you. A real players coach!

27. Barry Quinn said

Claude always gives some of the best straight forward talks and I cant wait for the book. Gonna be a great read.

28. Awesome! Soon to be 4 best selling authors in the LIFE business. We are so blessed. Can’t wait for this book 🙂

29. Andrew Rockwell said

Awesome post Orrin! I can’t wait for the book!

30. Chad Waters said

Hi Orrin.

Claude Hamilton is an amazing man who we get the pleasure to learn from. We can’t wait for his book to be out and watch it be a great success and teach through the principles within side it!

31. Charlie mallios said

Orrin
    Claude Always inspires me to do more and challenges me

32. Dean Boyer said

Orrin,
    Claude is certainly a man’s man and his story is so inspirational. His book is destined to be a classic best seller.
    Thank you for giving Claude the platform to present it, and for we the reader, to receive it.

33. Larry said

Thanks for the preview Orrin, I can’t wait to read “Toughen Up”. Knowing Claude’s ability to maintain his fun loving attitude, it will be interesting to hear his story. Can’t wait.

34. Anthony Nieto said

I can’t wait For Claude’s book. He is the main reason I joined with his ability to touch your heart with his passion and words. So I can only imagine his thoughts on paper from long hours of thinking about each page. Fired up!!

35. Elizabeth Sieracki said

Orrin, you do such an amazing job of edifying Claude in this article. I could read this blog over and over simply because of your well thought out and sincere words towards Claude.
    Claude and Lana are such an amazing couple. They bring out the best in each other and exemplify such a rags to riches story. Of course, we have heard bits and pieces but I cannot wait for this in print.

36. Jessica said

Looking forward to reading thus book when it’s released!

37. Jessica said

I just realized that I commented twice 🙂

38. Kathy Cotton said

I really enjoy Claude’s talks and can’t wait to read more about his journey. So looking forward to reading this book.

39. CJ Calvert said

Claude is an inspiration to me and I am excited to get my hands on this book!

40. Stoked about this book! Claude and Lana’s Freedom Is Sacred recording is the reason I decided to build Compensated Communities! This is sure to be a boon to all who dare to dream!

41. This book was a page-turner! A great gift for any service member, graduate, or person eager to live a better life!